RENTAL CONDITIONS & INFORMATION
The terms of rental shall commence and cease at the time and date indicated on the rental contract.
Rental period for SELF DRIVE: DAILY - 24 hours; WEEKLY - 7 days; MONTHLY - 30 / 31 days.
Rental period for CHAUFFEUR DRIVE: DAILY - 10 hours; WEEKLY - 7 days; MONTHLY 30 / 31 days.
Rental period for TRANSFER: Pick-up & Drop-off to one agreed destination with no side trip or waiting time.
Should renter wish to extend or modify the rental requirement/s beyond the previously agreed return date and time, it is important that rental station be informed immediately.
For SELF-DRIVE only: A renter is charged for the time used only, with unlimited mileage with the exception of the provided restricted area/s.
For SELF-DRIVE: 1/5TH of the applicable daily rate will be charged for every additional hour that the car is rented beyond the 24 hour period. Five (5) hours and beyond is considered as one day rental.
For CHAUFFEUR DRIVEN: Chauffeur’s rate in excess of 10 hours per day shall be charged of P210 per hour.
For TRANSFER: Waiting time is pegged of P200 per hour. A fraction of 30 minutes shall be considered as one (1) hour.
OUT OF TOWN TRIP
For CHAUFFEUR DRIVEN only: A surcharge of P450 per day is added for any out of town trips returning the same day or P800 for any out of town trips with overnight stay. Out of town defined as areas beyond the boundaries of Valenzuela, Pasig, Marikina, Alabang Muntinlupa, Zapote & Las Piñas.
PARKING FEES / TOLL FEES / TRAFFIC FINES
Responsibility of the renter.
A 3% Common Carrier Tax will be applying on all charges except fuel & miscellaneous charges.
Avis allows minimum of 21 years of age for credit card renters & 25 years old for cash renters.
Renter must possess a valid driver’s license which must have been held for at least two (2) years. A foreign driver’s license is valid for a maximum of 90 days from the date of arrival in the Philippines. An international driving permit (IDP) will be required of a renter holding a non - English license.
LOCAL RENTER - valid driver's license and two (2) Identification Card with picture.
FOREIGN RENTER - valid driver's license / International Driving Permit (IDP), Passport & any Identification Card with picture.
For CASH & CHARGE RENTALS, one hundred forty percent (140%) of the estimated rental charges will be required as prepayment. Refund, if any will be given after rental. Avis accepts both international and local CREDIT CARDS. Other IDs might be required to show proof of identity.
Each vehicle is supplied with a full tank of unleaded gas which refilled at the renter’s expense upon return.
Avis rental station must be notified immediately within 24 hours.
INSURANCES & WAIVERS
Avis offers a comprehensive protection package for complete peace of mind, to make sure you are fully protected.
· THIRD PARTY LIABILITY (TPL) - Provides the required legal insurance where injury or damage is caused to other people or other people’s property. Cover includes liability to passengers inside the vehicle.
· PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (PAI) - PAI provides the renter & passengers, and the named driver with a specified amount of accidental death insurance and medical coverage for injuries due to an accident while in the Avis vehicle.
· COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) - CDW limits the renter’s liability to the minimum deductible franchise in case of accidental damage by collision or upset caused to the AVIS vehicle. It includes the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle, towing, storage charge, loss of use and administrative costs.
· SPECIAL INSURANCES - We have a wide range of special insurances that cater to unique specific needs.
INSURANCE EXCLUSIONS: The renter will be liable, however, for the full cost of damage if: (a) the car is driven in violation of the Rental Agreement; (b) for failure to submit a police report & a photocopy of the driver’s license & passport; (c) under-chassis & overhead damages; (d) if vehicles are driven on unsealed or unable roads or surfaces; (e) caused or traceable to natural calamities like typhoons, floods, earthquakes or volcanic eruptions, etc.
RENTAL PENALTIES AND SURCHARGES
- OFF-HOURS/MEET LATE ARRIVAL SURCHARGE - Off-hours are defined as transactions beyond station's operating days and hours. SURCHARGE RATE: Php 400.00 per transaction
- EARLY RETURN PENALTY - 50% penalty shall be applied on the unused rental days sold during check-out.
DELIVERY & PULL-OUT: For a minimal fee, we can have your rented car delivered to & pulled out from your requested location.
ONE WAY RENTAL: For an added fee, rented cars from Metro Manila can be returned to an Avis station anywhere in Luzon and vice-versa.
Avis reserves the right to amend the rates without prior notice.
< back to top